Over the past couple of years, Mutha Fitness and I have been quite busy in the kitchen. We started off by following recipes, then tweaking them to our own tastes. The first recipe I’d like to share with you today is one of my favourites and it’s for protein brownies!
These deliciously healthy protein brownies from GHOGY are the perfect grab and go snack or post work out treat. With only a few ingredients and a short cooking time (around 15 minutes) you will never buy shop bought protein bars again. Plus, unlike some shop bought brownies, you know exactly what has gone into these. So you needn’t worry about any hidden nasties!
If you’re a fan of chocolate brownies then what are you waiting for? These healthy ones are perfect for you…
- 2 Bananas
- 50g Peanut Butter
- 1-2 Scoops of Protein Powder
- 1 Egg
- 25g Cacao Powder
- 1 Tbsp Honey/Maple Syrup
- Pinch of Salt
1. Start by preheating your oven to 180 degrees.
2. Mash both bananas in a mixing bowl and once it resembles a baby food texture, add the peanut butter and mix well.
3. Whisk one egg in a separate bowl and then pour into the banana mixture.
4. Add all the remaining ingredients.
5. If you’re feeling adventurous you could also add frozen raspberries or fresh orange peel.
6. You could also add some flaked almonds on top.
7. Line a baking tin with coconut oil or parchment paper and pour the mixture in.
8. Then put the brownie mix into the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
9. Finally, cut into 8 squares once the brownies are cool.
Make sure you store the protein brownies in an airtight container. They will keep for around 3-4 days but they usually don’t last this long in our kitchen!
Each protein brownie has 114 kcals which is great when you look at the list of good ingredients that’s gone into them. For more recipes like this, please visit the GHOGY website here and I’ll be uploading some more of my favourites over the coming weeks.
Well I hope you managed to follow these instructions ok and I’d love to know what you thought of them? Please leave your feedback in the comments box below.